SILICON VALLEY CHAPTER of the AMERICAN HYDROGEN ASSOCIATION
TIME: 10 AM to 12 on the Third Saturday of Each Month LOCATION: The Peninsula
Conservation Center , 3921 East Bayshore Road , Palo Alto , CA 94303 . MEETING
IN THE LIBRARY INFORMATION: Call 1-
AGENDA for SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2012
NOTES: Finally! Commercialization of non platinum catalyst for PEM fuel cells-
Greetings and Introductions: Chapter President, John Gotthold, greets all attendees and asks each attendee to state their name and a short synopsis of their background and what they hope to learn by attending the meeting. The video streaming is set up on IwowWe ( 10 min.)
1. Hydrogen Transport: Electric car charging app. How much does it really
cost? Tesla solar powere dEV charging. 1,000 Hyundai ix35 FC SUVs on road by 2015.
First series production run for hydrogen fuel cell cars. Hyundai, Honda, Toyota,
Kia, Nissan, Mercedes-
2. Hydrogen Technology: Nano flowers for solar cells. LiCoO2 catalyst works
better than Platinum. PEM FC to turn CO2 into liquid fuel! Single molecule solar
cell. V3 solar-
3. Hydrogen Business: Global renewables up 17% to 257 Billion in 2011.
Clean Energy down 20% in third quarter. More FC VC funding! Hydrogenics $92 million
4. Government Support to Hydrogen: Hidden costs of energy policy! London
H2 taxis moved VIPS 2,500 miles. CA-
5. Climate change and Oil Depletion: 59,000 to 77,00 megawatts of coal plants to retire in next five years. About time we quit depending on 1690s technology!! 74% of US understands that climate change is causing weather extremes. 100,000,000 starve by 2030 due to climate change. Global food prices at riot levels. Romans and Han Dynasty were greenhouse gas emitters. Ikea to sell only LED lighting by 2016.
Remote AHA members attend the meeting through IwoWWe streaming.
Look up streaming instructions on .